The core competency of AFROTC is to recruit and train individuals working on their first undergraduate degree. If you are a college level freshman currently enrolled at FSU, FAMU, or TCC, register for the AFROTC course AFR 1101 in the fall or AFR 1102 in the spring. You will also be required to register for the Leadership Laboratory (LLAB) course AFR 2233L, a required practical applications class. As a GMC cadet, you will be able to try out the program for up to two years without incurring any obligations unless you are on a ROTC scholarship.
If you are a college level sophomore, junior, senior, or graduate contact us at (850) 644-1849 to discuss your options. Students at FAMU will need to complete a FAMU/FSU Co-Op Program application every semester. Students at TCC will need to complete a TCC/FSU Dual Enrollment application through Florida Shines every semester.
For program entry, students must meet the following:
- Be a full-time undergraduate student
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or greater
- Be in good physical condition
- Have no history of illegal drug use
- Be a U.S. Citizen or can become one in one year or less
- Meet Air Force height/weight standards. Students who are over, but within 12 pounds of the maximum weight for their height, may start the AFROTC program, but must meet height/weight standards by the start of their sophomore year.
If you would like more information on our program, please contact Captain James "WICS" McMaster at email@example.com or (850) 644-1849.